Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

MAC prep + prime CC colour correcting compact in neutralize (yellow)






Last month I received a gift certificate from MAC. Since my make up collection is quite full, I tried to go for something I might almost need. I actually only own two setting powder, which is the category of product I have the least of (with brow fillers). Both of my current setting powder were in the loose form. I went to MAC thinking that I would go with the mineralize skin finish natural, but MAC is currently out of the color light plus since they are redoing the packaging. I wanted a powder that was pressed and yellow toned so I went with their new prep + prime CC colour correcting compact in the color neutralize.

The new range includes, primers, loose powder and pressed powder available in four shade for different color correcting needs. The pressed compact contains 8g of products and retails for 21.50 euros. This is not a talc based powder and the first ingredient is zinc stearate.  The powder feels quite lightweight and dry, which I like since it doesn't cake up. 

To test the actual color correcting ability of the powder I put it on top of a too pink foundation:

As you can see in the first picture my face is too pink compared to my neck and chest. After the powder my face looks more neutral (the cakiness is due to the foundation the powder doesn't cake up). The effect is quite subtle so you don't have to worry that you will end up looking jaundiced. When I use this powder in combination with MAC fix + setting spray I have a nice glow to my skin.

I think this is quite a good powder for slightly dry to slightly oily skin. I recommend trying it out in this shade if you have moderate redness or you need to finish up too pink foundations like I do! The powder also doesn't oxidize and I do not need to touch it up (but I can also easily go without powder).



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar