Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Beauty | Best of 2014

It's got to that point of the year where I sit back and think about which beauty products have really stood out to me over the past 12 months. I have to say I found it a bit difficult to find some new products to talk about, I definitely stuck to my usual favourites during 2014 and I wore makeup a lot less. I really thought I'd have loads to talk about but I actually only have 8 products to tell you about, at least the post won't be too long! These are products that I enjoyed using over and over again throughout 2014 and I'm sure I will continue to love them this year as well.
 


NYC Beautifying Blushable Cream Stick in Soho Pink | £2.99
Regular readers of my blog will know just how much I go on about this cream blush stick, personally I think it definitely deserves to be talked about so much. This has made my life so much easier when it comes to adding a bit of colour to my face, it's made me want to try more cream blushes as I really prefer this over all my powder blushes. It's a really wearable muted pink shade and the creamy formula makes it easy to apply and blend before it dries to a powder finish, you have plenty of time to blend it though. It's also very cheap, a bit of a bargain I think considering just how good it is.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in Light Porcelain | £8.99
The second and also last face makeup product that stood out to me last year is this foundation that has already been raved and talked about a lot. I was a little late to the party with this but only because at first there wasn't a shade light enough to suit my skin tone, finally in 2014 Rimmel listened to the needs of all us pale girls and brought out a new shade. This new lighter shade is a perfect match for my skin, not only that though I adore the formula and finish of this. It gives me medium coverage and sits on my skin beautifully giving off a natural glow. This really does make me look more awake, if you are looking for a new foundation I'd recommend taking a look at this.


Collection Cosmetics Galactica Lip Butter in Cosmic Candy* | £2.99
This is one product that I really wouldn't have predicted being in my best of 2014 post, it really took me by surprise. I love the whole Collection Galactica range but this shade of the metallic lip butters really stood out to me and I've been using it so much. The formula is creamy and feels moisturising and for the price this is impressively pigmented. I love lip crayon type products and this has made me want to try more of the other shades that are available from Collection. I thought the slightly metallic finish would put me off but I've really surprised myself by wearing this a lot.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Cherries in the Snow | £7.49
Again if you'd told me I'd be talking about this lipstick in this post at the start of the year I'd have been really shocked as for such a long time I kept away from bright and bold lipsticks. I've found this particular Revlon shade to be very wearable and easy to apply though. I'm a big fan of the super lustrous lipsticks as the formula is perfect and there is such a good range of shades available. I'm still not confident enough to wear this out often but every time I do I feel really good instead of shy, perhaps one of my goals for 2015 should be to wear bright lipstick more often!

 
It is safe to say that Makeup Revolution really dominated the blogging and beauty world during 2014 with new launches and inexpensive products, they managed to gather a lot of fans very quickly. I'm definitely a fan of their products myself, especially their eyeshadow palettes. This chocolate one has to be my favourite out of the ones I've tried though, not just because it looks like a chocolate bar either! The colours are all so wearable and pigmented and exactly the kind of thing I wear on a day to day basis, it's perfect for travelling as well. I'm definitely going to try more Makeup Rev. palettes this year!
 
After at least a year of using this mascara it is still my favourite one to reach for in the morning, it has all the qualities that I like in a good mascara which is why I keep on going back to it! The main thing that I like about it is that it stays on all day, towards the evening it smudges a little but every mascara does that on me, not every mascara is still visible on my lashes when I come to remove my makeup at the end of the night though. It achieves the perfect balance of length and volume as well, it doesn't make my lashes look clumpy and it doesn't leave them looking super long as well which is what I'm always looking for. If you feel like treating yourself to something a little more high end when you next go mascara shopping I'd really recommend this (and bareMinerals as a brand generally as well!).
 
In my opinion I've left the best until last! This is my favourite product from 2014 simply because it has completely changed my makeup routine, my eyebrows to be precise. I used to be pretty clueless when it came to filling in my eyebrows but this inexpensive brow dual product has changed that completely. I now reach for this every morning and use the pencil end to fill in my brows, sometimes I'll draw in a few little hairs with the felt tip style end as well but I definitely favour the waxy pencil. The shade I have is medium and it works really well for me, it's a great natural colour. I really can't fault this product one bit, if you only try one new piece of makeup after reading this post let it be this eyebrow dual!
 
I'd love to know about one product that you really enjoyed using throughout 2014!
 
Shona x


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar